Strouhal Tire was founded in 1926 by Frank and Lilian Strouhal. The company began operating in the small community where they lived, Hungerford, Texas.
In the beginning automotive repair and tire repair were the two primary services offered. This continued through the war years.
In 1946 the company shifted its focus to tire repair and retreading exclusively.
Strouhal Tire maintained this product and service offering until 1968.
In 1967 Frank Strouhal passed on leadership of the company to his son and daughter in-law, Don and Ann Strouhal. Don today serves as Chief Operating Officer of the company, Ann serves as Secretary of the corporation.
With a changing market after the introduction of the radial tire in North America "new" tire lines were added to the product mix. These included private brands as well as Bridgestone in 1973 and Michelin in 1974. Radial tires also demanded a new retreading process and in 1972 retread production was shifted to The Bandag System. Furthering efforts to move to the latest technologies, the retread facility was updated yet again in 2004, this time to the state-of-the-art Michelin MRTI system. Up to 300 first-class retreads a day are produced in the Hungerford plant.
Today, Strouhal Tire has seven locations, over 150 employees and more then 125 service vehicles. This gives complete coverage of the Texas Gulf Coast. The company maintains a multi-million dollar inventory to expedite service response time and capability.
Strouhal Tire strives to provide each customer a choice of tires for their application. This allows tailoring and customization to each specific need. Strouhal Tire is recognized as a leader and innovator in the Tire Industry.